We feel financial literacy is very important to local families and our communities and feel obligated to offer financial counseling and education to help prepare people for what life has to offer.
To improve financial literacy, OHecu offers a series of financial education workshops with the goal of educating people of all ages on basic money management, credit, investing and saving options.
Through these workshops we can provide individuals the means to better themselves financially by learning to manage and take control of their money. Giving them the power to control their lives, no matter what stage of life.
The workshops are offered to our members and non-members through our local offices. They’re also offered through schools, daycare centers, colleges and non profits within our local communities.
We hope you'll consider letting OHecu be your source for financial education and advice.
- Budgeting Basics
- Investing Fundamentals
- Comprehending Credit & Credit Scoring
- Avoiding Identity Theft
- Take the Wheel: Get the Best Car Deal -- Learn how to get the best deal before you start shopping
- Home Buying 1: Preparation -- How to Finance a Home
- Home Buying 2: Shopping -- Finding the Right Home
- Educational Funding -- Savings, Grants & Loans
- Youth Money Management (Programs Vary with Age)
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Fraud, Scams & Phishing
- Insurance: Are You Covered?
- Tax Preparation
Please check back—workshop dates and locations will be listed as they're made available.