Come join our team
Job Openings: Collection Specialist
|Announcement Date:||April 28, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Seven Hills|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||M-Th 8:15am-4:45pm, F 8:15am-6:00pm|
Responsible for assisting the OHecu third party collection service in collecting overdue payments on loan products. Works with the Retail staff to collect negative deposit accounts from members by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors payments for late and/or delinquency status.
- Works with members to determine reason(s) for delinquency. Assists the collector and credit manager in the development of repayment plans.
- Handles related mail and the entry/updating of alerts on the core system.
- Ensures professional interaction with members.
- Notifies co-signers regarding delinquent loan/account status.
- Handles errors and complaints, updates core system with corrected information and responds to E-OSCAR notifications in a timely fashion. Performs skip traces as required.
- Makes recommendations to the credit manager on settlements, monthly loan charge-offs, repossessions and foreclosures. Updates the CFO each month on the status of delinquent loans.
- Works with our repossession agent and auction house to locate and sell vehicles used as collateral on delinquent loans.
- Prepares collection letters and notices of repossession. Prepares packages for bankruptcy, judgements and garnishments for submission to legal counsel.
- Works with retail staff and Call Center to resolve member issues due to misapplied or returned payments/payments lost with the postal service.
- Files loan credit life and/or disability claims with our insurance carrier.
- Prepares letters for use in collection attempts. Uses approved/compliant telephone techniques.
- Refers accounts to the Credit Manager for repossession and legal actions against debtors.
- Makes recommendations to the Credit Manager regarding when to compromise, settle balances or initiate foreclosure/repossession proceedings.
- Serves as a liaison between OHecu and collections agencies and attorneys.
- Attends hearings on behalf of OHecu as requested by our legal counsel.
- Ensures that work is accurate and in conformance to policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Ability to use good judgement in stressful situations. Ability to handle difficult member interactions.
How to Apply
Apply Online for Collection Specialist
Upload Your Resume for Collection Specialist
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to OHecu in person or by mail to:
PO Box 93079
Cleveland, OH 44101
View all Career Opportunities