Come join our team
Job Openings: Accounting Specialist
|Announcement Date:||January 17, 2023|
|Location of Position:||Seven Hills OH|
|Salary:||$16 - $18/hour|
|Days:||Monday through Friday|
|Hours:||Normal business hours|
Assists in maintaining the OHecu financial records by posting and updating the general ledger as well as subsidiary accounts. Performs account reconciliations and resolves variances if necessary. Performs a variety of support duties related to the accounting function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows GAAP accrual-based accounting including internal controls.
- Balances daily reports/monthly reports. Performs a variety of journal entries, reconciliations, and accruals.
- Proofs and post entries to the general ledger and subsidiary accounts. Verifies ledgers are in balance subsequent to posting entries.
- Updates and maintains accounts payable subsidiary ledger, including invoice preparations, account/cost center coding, posting and check disbursement.
- Balances the outstanding check register daily and assists in processing check stop payments.
- Assists with the Incoming and Outgoing wire transfer daily activities.
- Serves as back-up to other accountants.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and/or follows the requirements of all regulation compliance including but not limited to those of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions. Employee shall participate in annual training in these areas.
- Other related and unrelated duties as assigned by senior management.
Associates degree in accounting is preferred; or equivalent work experience in financial services. Credit Union or banking experience is preferred.
Comprehensive benefit package: health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match,
PTO and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Apply Online for Accounting Specialist
Upload Your Resume for Accounting Specialist
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to OHecu in person or by mail to:
PO Box 93079
Cleveland, OH 44101
View all Career Opportunities