Fraud Alert: Beware of Ongoing Text Message & Phone Call Scams
Be on the lookout for calls from fraudsters impersonating OHecu employees.
We have been notified by multiple members that there has been increased volume of fraudsters spoofing OHecu phone numbers, including the -800 number to the Member Service Center, and impersonating employees.
Their intent is to obtain your personal identification and account information to steal your identity and/or money.
OHecu will never call or text you requesting your personal account information, including:
- Credit or Debit Card Numbers
- Security Code or CVV
- Online & Mobile Banking Login Information
- Verification Codes
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Drivers License Number
- PIN – Personal Identification Number
If you receive a call or text message from The Ohio Educational Credit Union or any other caller asking for your personal details (i.e Social Security Number, Date of Birth, etc.), bank account and/or debit card information, Online or Mobile Banking passwords, or similar information—hang up.
It's likely a fraudster attempting to obtain your personal information by spoofing an OHecu phone number then falsely representing themself as a legitimate representative of the Credit Union.
To validate the call, contact the OHecu Member Service Center at 800-552-6328.
What To Remember:
- Stay alert! Do not answer calls from unknown numbers.
- If you receive a suspicious call, hang up, do not engage the caller.
- Ensure you're enrolled in Online & Mobile Banking—for additional security, sign-up for Account Alerts to monitor your accounts.
- Alert us immediately if you gave out your OHecu banking details or other personal identifiable information.
- Report any spoofed calls claiming to be from OHecu to us directly by calling the Member Service Center at 800-552-6328 or emailing email@example.com.
« Return to "News & Announcements"
- Share on Facebook: Fraud Alert: Beware of Ongoing Text Message & Phone Call Scams
- Share on Twitter: Fraud Alert: Beware of Ongoing Text Message & Phone Call Scams
- Share on LinkedIn: Fraud Alert: Beware of Ongoing Text Message & Phone Call Scams
- Share on Pinterest: Fraud Alert: Beware of Ongoing Text Message & Phone Call Scams